- Over 130 + families, 200+ students and growing!
- Growing team of 15 passionate tutors sharing resources, supported with ongoing professional development and organisational provision
- Philosophy of achieving deep music literacy via quality one-to-one tuition
- Offering drive-to-you convenience to Warringah, Pittwater, Mosman, Willoughby and Ku-ring-gai
- Winner of Most Outstanding Education Service in the Northern Beaches Local Business Awards 2015; Finalist in 2018
- Preparing many students per year for independent Board of Studies AMEB examinations, helping the next generation attain recognized accreditation
- Improving equal opportunity and providing a FREE STUDENT INTRANET so that all students have access to learning resources. Visit musicwaves.com.au/student-section
- If you would like to join this music community visit:
In the beginning….
In 2008, Rachel Christopher, a quirky statistics nerd and closet pianist, noticed that many kids in her province were lacking what she always had as a child – playing and reading music.
Playing piano had tied her and her siblings together. Making musicals together, playing duets together, had kept them out of trouble and got their creative juices flowing. It comforted and still comforts them through all walks of life.
Music was a healthy way of socializing. But it was also a way of relaxing and enjoying one’s own company. Fostering imagination and a problem-solving spirit.
With a passion to reinvigorate the art of Music in her province, Rachel took the plunge. She left her career, and chased a pursuit to propogate Piano throughout the Northern Beaches and North Shore.
She wanted every household to ring loud with tones and harmonies. She wanted every child to smile when they ‘got it’ after much persistence.
Rachel’s passion is unstoppable. Charity concerts and students achieving Honours in AMEB exams is just the start.
Over the last decade Rachel has imparted her nuggets of wisdom to over 50 teachers, who she trains and mentors on an ongoing basis. She now heads a team of 20 colleagues with one chief mission: Maximum engagement and musical independence.
A sole parent of a toddler, Rachel is very empathetic to parents and has maintained that the ethos of Music Waves will always be to tailor options to parents to whereever they are at.